The Making of:
Zelda: Clockwork Empire, Gauntlet of Gamelon
This is part one of two, covering all the worbla work. The second one will be about painting.
It all started with me reading the post again, it was about the third time and I was really fascinated. It all looked pretty cool and I stared at this gauntlet for over five minutes and then said to myself: you are going to make this now.
So it all started with drawing the handplates on paper. I made a all the core parts (without ornaments and all that) and clipped them together with paperclips, just to see wheter it fits or not. I took an old glove I found (fortunaly, there was a left-hand glove left from a pair, the other one went missing some day) and I sticked the paper to the glove.
After that worked out pretty well, I transfered it over to worbla. Worbla, as said in my original post, is a thermoplast, meaning it is craftable if heatend up. The first picture up there is a raw worbla role.
I made the finger plates ( 3 layers of worbla) one by one and punched handicraft staples (the ones shown above) trough two of the layers. I attached all of the plates to the glove and covered up the metal staples with a third layer of worble.
It started to gain shape and I took a shot at the lower arm part. The inner part of it is craft foam stiched together by needle and thread. Covered in a layer of worbla, it was strong enough to stay like this. I punched a few holes through both for later sewing on the glove to it.
For the special lifted up part of the gauntlet I simply used the same methode again, top it up with a layer of craft foam and cover it with worbla, giving it more stability.
Last part in crafting the gauntlet was making the ornamet on the forearm. It took me some time until I had it on paper, porting it over and cutting it out was the second, more difficult part.
I hope you had fun reading the first part of the making of. The second one will follow shortly!